Provide Oregon’s small farms and ranches with training and research that supports their long-term financial and environmental sustainability.
Learn More: http://smallfarms.oregonstate.edu/
Small Farms Program Highlights
Learn with Us:
- Growing Farms: Successful Whole Farm Management: our nationally known workshop series for beginning farmers that covers sustainable production methods, whole farm management, and innovative distribution and marketing strategies.
- Organic Farming: Our production-related research covers seed breeding, production systems, composting, and nutrient management. We turn the research into useful tools, including the Organic Cover Crop and Fertilizer Calculator and CropTime, a degree-day modeling tool for pest management.
- Small Farms Conference: The conference is the premier event in Oregon for information on production, marketing, management and more for small-scale farmers.
Connect with Us:
- Oregon Small Farm News is a free online newsletter that provides technical and news articles, up-coming events of interest to small farmers and ranchers.
- Oregon Small Farms Vimeo site houses videos from past OSU Small Farms Conferences, mobile slaughter units, and more.
- Oregon Small Farms Facebook provides daily updates on events and information for small farmers and ranchers.